Yew Mountain Center COVID-19 Statement
In many ways, YMC is like a family. We are a small, intimate community who care for each other, work to keep each other safe, and respond to needs as they arise. Our COVID protocols reflect this culture. We will adapt to the current conditions in ways that maximize safety for our staff and participants while still providing the best participant experience possible. Unlike a family, we are also responsible for other people’s children (young and old!) and other people’s investment in us as an organization. For this reason, we may err more on the side of safety than we might if it were just us.
Current protocols for public events:
- We are limiting capacity of our dining room to 12 people.
- As always, frequent handwashing is strongly encouraged. We will have handwashing stations and/or hand sanitizer conveniently available.
- Masks should be worn when preparing or serving food.
- Equipment or supplies shared among people in different households should be washed/sanitized between uses.
- Masks need not be worn outdoors but we ask that you maintain 6 ft. distances between households.
- Only YMC staff may use the kitchen.
- Participants in "Outdoors Only" events may use the bathrooms at the south end of the building. Otherwise, no entry to the lodge is allowed.
- Protocol changes may be announced at the time of the event depending on current local conditions.